The railway is a complex system, which must always be subjected to a holistic approach. The optimisation of individual subcomponents usually leads to inefficient states in the overall system. In the person of Managing Director Dr. Bernhard Rüger, netwiss OG can build on many years of experience with regard to a holistic approach to the railway system. These experiences flow into numerous projects, some of which are carried out in cooperation with competent partners from the industry.
The holistic approach also includes interdisciplinary, interoperable and intermodal thinking. In this context, research and consultancy services in the field of railways are also combined with other disciplines. One of many essential consulting services is in the area of transport economics.
At netwiss OG we have access to a large international network of highly qualified experts and strategic partners in the field of railways and transport as well as complementary disciplines for all services in the railway sector.
In addition to a holistic view of the railway and numerous railway-specific disciplines, special competencies lie in the area of passenger transport:
Optimisation of passenger trains in the range from:
- Vehicle interior concepts (local and long-distance traffic)
- Luggage storage in trains
- Passenger flows and passenger exchange times
- Increase in the degree of defacto capacity utilisation in trains
- Improvement of traveller comfort
- Efficient use of travel time in trains
- Increase in efficiency
Optimisation of mobility chains:
- Concepts for the first and last mile
- Luggage handling along the entire mobility chain
- Luggage logistics systems and services
- Customer requirements when staying in stations
- Efficient use of time in stations
- Luggage handling in stations
The optimisations are always carried out from a holistic perspective with the aim of taking the requirements of both customers and operators equally into account and striving for an overall optimum in the system.